Drifting thoughts of a snowflake

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Excess and underneath

Do you ever feel like you have so much at your feet? Too much of everything, and then when you really look - you have nothing?

I have a million post-it notes laying around my desk. A flurry of little yellow memory joggers, scattered about. Call H for birthday, call t & k for engagement, call s for an appointment.

Yet in my excess of colored triggers, I am reminded that I have no memory. Which is why, of course, I need the scraps I depend on.

It's a simplified version of how I feel right now in my life. Too many friends that I don't consider friends. Too many lovers, but no one to love. Too much family, when I want to be alone.

Interesting how on the exterior, it looks like so much. Yet on the interior there is really so little.

 
Counters
Free Counter