Drifting thoughts of a snowflake

Friday, September 24, 2004

That’s Classy with a K

Do you ever wear stuff to work that you know you shouldn’t? You just put it on because it’s your favorite t-shirt, and because you’re hung-over. It’s casual day after all, and I’m late again. At least I didn’t call in with one of my lame excuses like my cat died.

This time he just had a little eye goop and I had to take him to the vet on my way in. That was the story at least. It bought me about 30 minutes of snooze time.

Back to the shirt. I know it’s not really my best effort, but on mornings like this it just doesn’t matter. It’s one of those mornings where my roommate’s welding at 6 am, because he says he was home and asleep by 2 am. I know he was up doing speed all night and probably hasn’t slept.

He can keep his lies; I don’t care. I just need to get to work. I need to kick him out. Damn, I forgot to feed the Lama.

“You look like you’re embracing casual Friday!” the roomie barks from under his welding helmet. He looks like Jason from Friday the 13th and I shade my eyes from the sunlight. “Ya, I know. It’s my favorite shirt” I blurt out and hop down the front steps.

“That one?” he asks, looking confused even for someone who’s been partying all night. “Yea, this one. See!” and I stand up straight so he can see my shirt in all its glory. It’s just a plain blue t-shirt, but right in the middle over the flat of my belly is a perfect ring mark made from a beer bottle. Well, I don’t know it’s from a beer bottle, in fact I don’t know how my shirt got this way. It wasn’t always this way. Before that watermark appeared it wasn’t my favorite shirt. But now that it has that perfect ring on my tummy, I love it. It says, “Look at me! I’m such a slacker I actually rest beers on my stomach when I drink!” And for that, I love it.

I’m sure my co-workers are so impressed with my sense of style and upper class etiquette.


by body item ;

9 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

As a side note: The president just called me in his office to go over a couple of things. Do you think he wonders why he allowes me to manage three companies?

10:09 AM

 
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin said...

Hot.
I am a) potentially looking at a significant promotion in my development corporation, and b) enjoying the hell out of my new Mike Watt t-shirt on super-casual Friday. We are on the same page today.
Thanks for visiting my site, believe everything anybody says about me. I'm incorrigible.

2:49 PM

 
Blogger Wayne said...

There was this one time, I forgot to wear my white-tank top underneath my dress shirt... *ahem*, the white one that I have that's totally, sheer.

So I went to work in that shirt, and totally, everyone could see my nipples though the thin fabric.

I felt like Janet that day.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger jen said...

I need to grow a set of balls.

I have a t-shirt that says "Toilet Love" that I SO WANT TO WEAR TO WORK ON CASUAL FRIDAYS!!

haven't yet.

too. frightened.

8:08 AM

 
Blogger mona said...

the only thing klassier than resting a beer bottle on your belly is resting a beer bottle on your pregnant belly.

now that's hot stuff.

2:08 PM

 
Blogger Jennirhiow said...

i was feeling extrememly disorientated for the whole of last week, and i only realised how much when i suddenly looked down to see what i was wearing to work one day: I had worn a PURPLE shirt, BLUE jeans, ORANGE flatshoes, a RED handbag, and my GREEN office tag.

yeah, cringe. my colleagues did. i just strode head-high wherever i went.

1:42 AM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Toilet love, nipples, incorrigible people, mismatched outfits and prego drinking mammas. What a fine combination we are!

7:00 AM

 
Blogger Johnny said...

dont waste
your time
on me
youre
already
the voice inside my head..

12:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My loneliness
is killing me
I must confess
I still believe
When I'm not with you
I lose my mind

Give me a sign

Hit me baby

One more time

3:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counters
Free Counter