Drifting thoughts of a snowflake

Wednesday, February 25, 2004

OUCH - I'm wrong!

Ahh, the joys of Fat Tuesday. Well, actually not so much. I am the type of girl who prefers her drink at a bar Friday nights, Saturday or Sunday during the mid afternoon, and say any given Tuesday. Saturday nights are too crowded for me, and seeing my favorite bars turn into Euro-trash heavens repulses me.

So, said friend Cal and I decided on an early venue last night for a cocktail. We went to a favorite spot and ordered up a gin. Gin. What to say about gin? Well, I suppose this story will speak for my emotional state while consuming one of my favorite liquors.

After a couple of drinks, Cal and I are talking about sex. Always seems to come up, doesn't it? At first it's just a joke and then it seems that one of us, wanting to exploit our friend of the opposite sex, wants their opinion on certain aspects of the topic.

About mid-way through the conversation, anal sex comes up. By this point the bartender, a "friend" of mine, is now sitting at the bar engrossed in the chatter. So, it's me and two men discussing the topic at hand.

My opinion is pretty clear. I've never done it, but if I was going to commit to it (the whole experience), the boy's going first. If he can handle it with something that approximates his size - then we'll talk. Unless you're willing to step up to the plate, I'm not playing.

Easily understood by my guy friends. Nothing new. Most women probably feel the same way. Moot point, right. Well it should have been!

Bartender friend decides he would do it in a minute and has found the perfect girl. What? No man has ever gone past the "oh, I see. Guess I understand your point there". It usually ends the discussion and me and my parts are safe.

Not so much this time. He's fine with it. Perfect. Tells me that I've been meeting the wrong men. Cal and I are a little shocked. What guy confesses to that, much less in front of another man? It could be that the three of us had been consuming shots. Still, I'm a little surprised.

In fact, he makes me want to retract my offer. Last night when I got home, and was laying in bed I started thinking about it. Okay, what if I tried that line - man accepts - then what? Would I really want to be with a man that likes that?

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it. I'm not saying that men can't like it, or that it makes them gay. I'm wondering if I could find a man like that attractive, and still think of him as a man. A manly man. Because every time I see my bartender friend, I'm going to be thinking of him bent over with something extra going on. Yuck!

Shots are bad.

 
Counters
Free Counter