Drifting thoughts of a snowflake

Friday, April 16, 2004

I’m very in my head today. I’m not sure what is causing it. It could be the drinking last night. It was a menagerie of gin, tequila, beer and Yager. Just naming those poisons makes my stomach lurch forward. It could also be the deep discussion I had before going home.

I’m sure the conversation would amuse 3rd graders everywhere. The guy I was talking to had been awake for more than 24 hours, and I had already consumed the afore mentioned list of beverages. It seemed natural to get into a philosophical discussion. Do you ever realize how ridiculous these conversations are when you are in them? When you hear yourself say, “that’s what life is really all about”, do you want to stop and punch yourself in the neck? It’s as if you seize the power, in your altered state, to boil down thousands of years of human strife and find the solution. Once there you might hear yourself say, “And yet, there really is no answer is there? And isn’t that the beauty of what we’re all doing and trying to figure out”. At the time it seems so stimulating, academic and cerebral. Yet the next day, you wonder how full of shit you are.

Who knows, maybe I learned something about myself. Ha!

Other than this, the haircut went well. I feel quite pretty these days. People have been so kind with their compliments. Amazing how something so trivial as cutting you hair can make a difference on your perspective.

Now I feel as though I am an overindulgent, self-righteous babbling, beautiful woman.
Wonder what the weekend holds?

 
Counters
Free Counter