Drifting thoughts of a snowflake

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

See-saw

After talking with a girlfriend, I’m reminded how boring complaining really is. I agree and it’s hardly ever unique. Yet once the whining starts, I get sucked in. It’s comfortable there. Complaints are like a comfy overstuffed hand-me-down chair in the corner of a gray bar. Just let me curl up and say nothing. I’ll sip my pint and think too much.

Oddly I haven’t seen that side of me in quite some time. That’s rare for me. Nothing’s wrong in my world and I can’t complain about a thing. I still struggle fitting everything into my schedule, but that’s just me not being able to prioritize.

On the checklist of “happy”, I’ve gotten everything I could want. Devoted and loving dog, stable boyfriend, more friends than ever before, and my house that I love. Why do I ever complain?

I look around and see my family is miserable. I’m sad for them, but it’s not my complaint. My friends are stuck in the same holding patterns and I’m fine finally. I guess that’s how we balance each other out.

by body item ;

5 Comments:

Blogger DrinkJack said...

Interesting that most people will not stop and think about their happiness, but will instantly when life gets tough. Glad you are smelling the roses so to speak!

6:41 AM

 
Blogger MzOuiser said...

We've missed you, snowflake!

I'm not a complainer either. Nothing I hate more than a pity party, which some complaining sessions devolve into. It's good that you have that balance and can recognize it!

7:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's one of those bad qualities that we have. We take things for granted and tend to complain even when there is really nothing to complain about.
We should all step back and be thankful for what we do have.

1:10 PM

 
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin said...

I am working on a shamefaced post that has something to do with your generosity and your guitar...should be finished by tomorrow.

I mean....Hi!

1:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, you have a wonderful blog, can you please contact me at linkexchange@edenfantasys.com? I have something to discuss with you
Regards, Chris
(Please can you delete this comment after your decision?)

5:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counters
Free Counter