Drifting thoughts of a snowflake

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Anger, anger – he’s my man

On my recent personality profile it was determined that change and innovation were my typical driving forces. I wonder who else has a control, people, patience, and systems personality? I question if I would punch them in the throat or think they were the coolest person in the world.


I’m also questioning the fact that anger didn’t come up as one of my personality drivers. Piss me off and you’ll see the work of 100 women produced in less than an eight-hour work day. By boss is learning this lesson today, and if she’s not careful I’ll take her job by the end of next year. Not that I really want it, but ya – I’m that kind of bitch.

Of course I’ll cool off and go back to working only 3 hours a day pretty soon, but for now it’s on. And by on, I mean ass kicking carazy mad accounting crap like you’ve never seen. It’s not because I like accounting, it’s because I’m competitive. Is that reflected in the adjective of ‘control’ used to describe me? Funny I never saw, “Piss this bitch off and she’ll make you cuddle up next to Satan for shelter” or “Judge her and she’ll put the wrath of (insert whoever is Holy to you here) on you like Martha Stewart beating her daughter”.

Granted there is another side to my profile. It’s the girl who remembers everything you ever told her about your childhood, the one who makes lists of your talents and shares them with you, and the one who will protect you against people who look like Mr. T at the drop of a hat. She’s the one who will make you cry because her love is so big.

Somehow anger let me become that sweet and loyal girl. It allowed me the ability to struggle through the impossible and create the beautiful world I live in. I cherish it, because it serves me well. I’m not the type to lie down and cry, although I know people who say that works.

Right now I need that anger to get me through my personal and professional life. I’ll call on it when studying for my exam and then preparing for law school. It will come in handy the day of my divorce and the day my house sells, like a blanket wraps up scared child. So call me the angry girl if you want. They’ve told me that my whole life. But when I’m sitting on top of my dreams I’ll throw personality surveys and gin bottles at you.

by body item ;

4 Comments:

Blogger mona said...

your tuff ass accountin' style makes me think of da h dog, he writes an 'editorial' on the onion about his mad accountin' skillz.

if you've never read it, please do. it's so funny, you will piss yourself.

and you'll like it!

2:20 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always the gin...

2:59 PM

 
Blogger Jennirhiow said...

darling you're back! where have you been?? *hugs* good to see u're back.

6:37 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

thanks! I'm back! my post about something bad happening was true. it's taken me a few days to get my head together.

7:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counters
Free Counter