Drifting thoughts of a snowflake

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

My life is boring; lets talk about hats

I’ve been thinking about it a lot, and I’ve come to realize there is a distinct lack of hat wearing going on in the states. Sure beanies are all over the place, but when was the last time your tried your hand at a Kentucky Derby hat? (Please note scary lady with tiara on)

It came to me today when Thunder sent me clips from the Men without Hat’s video the Safety Dance. I so wish I could find the link. If anyone knows, please tell me why he gropes a midget in the video. Also if they are so against hats, why is everyone in the video wearing one?

Back to hats I think should come back into style. Who can forget Audrey Hepburn’s hat in Breakfast at Tiffany’s? This must be the best hat ever. Who wouldn’t want to get a piece of that hat? And don’t rule out her fan fair in My Fair Lady either. Although that hat might break your next.

So, it’s a little over the top for your office. Think of the looks you’ll get on the street by admiring men. If you’re looking for something subtler, what about the Jackie O pill box. Not bad for a First lady. Too dated for your cool hipster scene? What about a nice Aussie walkabout hat?

And boys, I have not forgotten you. Please put away that damn baseball cap. Who do you think gets more action? This guys or (back in the day)this guy?


Ok, so that guy is way hotter and not wearing a hat. What could I do? Plus think about it this way, if he was on top of you the hat would get in the way. Maybe hats are over rated.

by body item ;

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennirhiow said...

i dun think ur life is boring. on the contrary, it's full of eventful matters. however, dear, let me tell u that not everyone looks good in hats. like yours truly!!

nevertheless, dear, if i could, i would come over with a blanket and sit with you, and contemplate the rain and thunder and lightning. *hugs* you'll be fine.

4:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's this Thunder dude you speak of? He must be hot.

1:23 PM

 
Blogger mona said...

amanda- come to so cal if you want to be inundated by the hatted. it's just trucker hats and like 1940's newsboy caps and weird tweedy things.

we're totally beset by hats out here.

come to think of it, you should just come out for fun.

12:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counters
Free Counter