Drifting thoughts of a snowflake

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Happy? Who’s Happy?


So I’m happy right now, and crazy busy right now. I wish I had time to catch up on all that’s running through my mind. I want to take you on a tour of my happy. I want you to be able to roll around in it with me, like a lazy Saturday when you watch the day go by from your puffy bed. I want you to smile at yourself like I am, knowing you deserve this.

I passed my CPA exam. I huge hurdle in my life this far. The demons of my mental disability seem like an enemy I squashed. My friends and family are safe and sound. So what that my sister is worried about my moral state and thinks my choices are questionable? What does that have to do with me? I feel fine. I’ll just make a mental note that the sis thinks screaming naked boys in her house is something Jesus wouldn’t want. Oh, but wouldn’t he? Surely he has a larger since of fun than that. You can tell by the way he makes dolphins communicate and tortures the fundamentalist with monkeys. He’s a riot.

So happy Fourth of July to you all. I miss you and want to wrap you up in the big blankie of happy that’s found me. My best friend since childhood gets in today. It will be endless hours of talking and rationalizing everything from cheetos to men. We’ll mix up the margaritas and soak in the sun knowing there’s nothing the other could say that would ever be wrong. We’ll laugh at the boys who treated us like shit and then tried to come back, cry over the ones that didn’t work out, and marvel in the ones that make us smile today. We’ll look over at each and thank the Jesus that loves naked chaotic boys in my sister’s domain that we have one another. Happiness is an old friend and good stories.

by body item ;

4 Comments:

Blogger MzOuiser said...

Congratulations! I am grinning with giddy for you! Can I come to the party too? I can always rationalize Cheetos. Did you know you can eat 30 of them and it's only 4 weight watcher's points?

I'm so happy for you. Enjoy your friend - and post one of those old stories!

1:10 PM

 
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin said...

my old friend just pulled in last night after getting a surprise dumping...how's that for independence? we drank some millers and talked late on similar topics and she's just hunkering down at the compound where hearts are (relatively) safe. i mean, if mine is still ticking after what i put it through, there's hope for all.

12:04 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing the CPA exam! I know it's hard. I tried. Three times and finally gave UP!

Have a wonderful 4th and good times with your friend.

12:15 PM

 
Blogger DrinkJack said...

Congrat-u-fuck-lations! I always wanted to know a CPA.

11:18 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counters
Free Counter