Drifting thoughts of a snowflake

Friday, April 15, 2005

Free falling

My day started of with an older man flipping me off. It’s not my fault that’s where my turn is, buddy. I can’t tell you how much it warmed my heart and put a huge smile on my face to see him throw his mid-life crisis car into 3rd gear and speed by me in a rage. I flipped him a finger back howling with laughter. It makes me smile to think I probably pissed him off the whole way to work. How do these people make it through the day?

On another front, I move into my apartment this weekend. I’m surprised I’m so happy about it. I’m leaving my bigger beautiful home for this little apartment with barely any storage. It’s amazing how simplifying your living space can change your perspective. I feel lighter and freer. I don’t have an entire yard to worry about and running faucets aren’t my problem to fix.

Last weekend my little block turned into an episode of Desperate Housewives. A hot young guy moved in a couple of houses down from me and since then the neighbors have been stirring. He’s popped over a couple of times and seems like a really nice guy. I have the feeling that if I don’t move this weekend I’ll end up washing my car in some pathetic display to get his attention. I can’t stoop to such measures. Yes, it’s time to move.

Of course, he is pretty hot.

I’ll let you know if I break down and ask him to do some heavy lifting.

Until then, sit tight – I’m slowly making a come back. And thanks to Mark Phillip, he really is the dopest black man in Texas. He saved my phone from the deep abyss and returned it safe and sound to me after I left it in a bar. Who says you guys aren’t the best?

by body item ;

2 Comments:

Blogger Dirty Dan Sin said...

I was gonna ask the same question as Lunatic...he sounds like a real manwhore - and it takes one to know one.

2:14 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

Manwhore? Are you guys trying to get me not to like guys like you?

Yes, Margaritas and an over coat. If I get arrested, I'm calling you all.

5:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Counters
Free Counter